Wednesday 4 April 2012

Scents and Sensibility


Firstly apologies for my lack of recent posts, I have been snowed down with never ending wedding prep. Everything now seems to be in place and looking in decent order, so I am just about to embark on a well deserved Easter break, no excuse for a quick post and plenty more beauty/bridal tips to come post the event. 

My fiancé is not at all keen on my current scent Jo Malone’s Pomegranate,  so the last few weeks have seen me on a mission to find a beautiful wedding scent that we both love. This  has taken me on a sensuous journey through an array of delightful scents by Acqua Di Parma, Diptyque, Vera Wang, Miller Harris, Penhaligons, and Guerlain to name just a few... 

While on the hunt I came across Diptyque 34 Boulevard Saint Germain for him, a gorgeous medley of 
sparkling blackcurrant, green fig 
leaves, fresh rose pepper and citrus, 
Egyptian geranium and tuberose, combined with warm woods and a touch 
of eucalyptus. Simply Divine! (£60/£85)


I finally discovered my perfect scent in Annick Goutal’s Ninfeo Mio Eau De Toilette (£60/£79), a beautifully crisp, woody and sensual scent inspired by Ninfeo gardens in Rome.


Launched in 2010 this vivacious scent opens with the breathtaking vapor of Italian lemon, followed by the zest of fresh bitter orange tree combined with the essence of petitgrain. Gradually, the scent begins to unfurl into the aromatic undertone of an Italian garden, in which conifers thrive alongside lavender. The soothing warmth and soft fig leaf is brought to your nose by a cool breeze and a woody accord of  lemon tree captures the freshness of the citrus fruit in a downy cocoon.
 Fresh but with a warm depth, this is definitely an elegant boudoir classic for that special occasion, I can't wait to wear it!

Top notes: Italian lemon, Italian citron, petitgrain, bitter orange and galbanum. 

Heart notes: Lentisque absolute, fig and lemon tree.
 
Base notes: Woody accords.

1 comment: